The "Career" Page
Your "Career" page is where you can collect information about your experiences and skills that will apply to your future career. Like your resume, this is a page that will evolve over time and should be continually updated.
Here are some ways you might think about your "Career" page:
- A place for your resume or vitae
- A place for reflection on internship, co-op, and other experiences that have helped prepare you for a career
- A place to highlight your technical and transferable skills
- A place to list and write about your StrengthsQuestTM results
What should be included:
- A resume or vitae
- Summaries of each of your applied experiences (internships, research, etc.) and reflection on the technical and/or transferable skills you developed or insights you gained from these experiences
NOTE: For help writing a cover letter, please see: http://ccss.osu.edu/undergraduates/job-internship-search-strategies/resume-writing-and-cover-letters/
Questions to consider when writing your "Year in Review Page"
- What type of resume is most appropriate for my career field and skill set?
- Is my resume clear and organized? Does it include my basic information, relevant experiences, and additional skills, activities, and honors/awards?
- What experiences have shaped me the most in terms of preparing for my future career?
- What technical skills do I have? How did I acquire them?
- What transferable skills do I have? How did I acquire them?
- What skills and qualities set me apart from my peers?